Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An early start....


So again Levi woke up at 6:00am! I stopped getting up with DH shortly after we found out I was pregnant. Something about 4:30a.m. was just difficult and the thought of sleeping another three hours sounded really good. But alas, Levi has been waking up at 6:00 pretty regularly now. Generally I just snuggle with my little boy and wait for Annabelle to get up before we all head down stairs for breakfast. Not so this morning. I figured since I had lots to do today I should just get up and get on with the day and that's what we did.




To start the day out right of course. If you've never had coffee from a french press I recommend trying it. It's much stronger and has a nice flavor. I doubt you'll ever go back.


Yogurt that cultured from last night.I make it in half gallons. It's much easier to pour than in gallon jars. As you can see we used some for smoothies this morning.



More cultured dairy products, Kefir and Buttermilk. You can read more about Kefir and the health benefits here. Cultured dairy products are super easy to make. Just a milk and a few tablespoons of whatever you want to culture, ei:yogurt, buttermilk, kefir, etc.



Hanging diapers outside to dry. Everyone loves this especially Annabelle cause she can "help".


Helping load the dishwasher. We try to cultivate a good work ethic early so we let them "help" with almost every chore we do. It's amazing at what Annabelle can now do, like load plates and forks into the dishwasher, and set the table with plates, bowls and forks. She will even wipe down the table after eating all happily too!


Getting ready to clean....

Produce from the garden this morning. The baby romaine will go well with tonight's dinner of Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo.

What our garden looks like now... I can't wait to finally taste a sweet ear of corn!



Now it's 8:30 and time for the little boy to take a nap and for me to clean the kitchen...Hope you all have a good day.

























No comments: