Monday, April 7, 2008

Are you content?

I have been struggling with contentment for some time now. I really want a house with a fenced back yard and a bigger kitchen. While reading the word of God, I realized that the more God seems to give, the more I want. How selfish! I find that most people are generally like this and the ones who are most content are those who are barely getting by and collecting pennies just to buy groceries. While thinking of how great it would be to have a bigger kitchen, I should instead be praising God that I even have a kitchen!!! I forget that many people in this world don't have what I have and aren't as blessed as I am, yet they are more thankful than me.
I have made it my goal to "de-clutter" our home this month and give away what we aren't using to those less fortunate.

Proverbs 22:9
He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Excellent idea!

Many Blessings,
M.

R.L.M. said...

You are doing so well. I'm proud of you. It's not so easy to be a wife and mother, its alot of hard work and soul searching sometimes. But in the end, its so worth it.

Love,
Mom