Thursday, August 13, 2009

Alas, the hubby is home...


Finally he is home, but now gone again. We took Levi into the Dr. today for a weight check because he hasn't been eating. He lost a total of 2 lbs. and so they put him in the hospital with failure to thrive. He has had diarrhea for about a month now, and overall not doing too well. They are thinking he probably has a severe dairy allergy. I really am praying that he doesn't, we like milk here(I am drinking a glass as I type)!


Shane got in from Virginia about 7:00pm. He went home, changed, gathered a few things and met us at the hospital around 8:00pm. Annabelle was more than surprised. Levi had a smile on his face that we hadn't seen in a few days. They settled into bed, father and son, watching TV together. My husband insisted that I go home with Annabelle and get a proper nights rest since I am with child. At first I wouldn't here of it. I was staying with my little boy! How could I leave him?


But, I left him in his daddy's arms as hard as it was. They need the time to bond, and for Levi to realize the world won't come to an end if mommy isn't there. This will be the first time I've spent the night away from him.....how much sleep I'll get who knows.


As I gave Annabelle a bath, I looked into his room, to an empty bed...no pillow, or blanket and no baby. It almost leaves an empty feeling within. But, he will be well soon and back here making messes, fighting with Annabelle and chasing the dog. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Kim R. said...

Katie - Praying that Levi is feeling better soon. It's so hard when your children are sick. Sounds like they are hopefully on the right track to getting it figured out.
I'll keep him and all of the family in our prayers.
Kim

Steph @ Annoyingly Domestic said...

Oh, goodness, Katie, I'm sorry. Good that the man is home and loving on that boy tonight. Am praying that peace of mind and health are sent your way.

Sarah said...

You are all in my prayers. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Mrs. B said...

Thank you for all of your kind comments. We are hoping they let him go either Sat. or Sun. The Dr. says if he doesn't get "better" ( I am not sure what he means by better) then they will send him to Greenville which is a little over an hour from us. That way they can do more test.

MolleenCarie said...

Praying hard for your little guy today, Katie.